Looking Within and Without for Ideas

Ideas are everywhere. See them as sense that is flying and hovering around the neighbourhood, "will u listen?" then is the next question.
When I decided I was going to earn my living as an entrepreneur, I started out with buying slippers n selling them, hoping to soon brand them and hopefully grow into a household name. Along the line, a few mishaps happened, and given the economic climate that the nation plunged into, certain demands for certain commodities nosedived. I have very well accepted the school of Improvising, Adapting and Overcoming. Let's call it: AIO. I base my operations around what i learn there.
Afterwards, I inclined my head into the bosom of ideas yet again, and then I observed that Dates fruit can actually be processed into powder, and given that tea is a widely consumed beverage, I saw the opportunity in this riding on the wave of the "no sugar policy" that many people are beginning to develop.
Now, I actually am not trying to fully talk about my Dates Powder product here. I am trying to point at something.
Dates powder was something I  thought of producing alone, but then, some other factors came into  play and I saw myself producing Ginger Powder. I then read about how the seeds of Dates are rich with nutrients, it is called Dates Coffee, only because when roasted it smells like coffee. I learnt how to produce that and went on with it.
At another period, I went to a friend's house, he offered me Tom Brown, and then u guessed right, it then became another idea. "There is no reason why that cannot compete with custard in the market," I thought to myself.
Now to be honest with you, I opened up my notepad to write about what led me to producing my Super Pap product, but as always, plans don't always go as you want them to, especially as a writer. I created a flow and then I allowed it to guide me. This very much has to do with the IAO school I talked about earlier.
So let me continue with the Tom Brown story. After producing for a while, as usual, feedback from customers should guide your flow - this does not mean that a person should be void of convictions in IAO, it means that you must have principles, but like in sports, the best teams are the ones who are not only flexible, but fluid.
One girl lambasted me on how my product was not Tom Brown, she said it was something else, not that it was bad, this was because I had maybe added millet and Guinea corn to the already popular mix of Soya beans, Ginger and groundnuts. Now, I wanted to be able to convince even adults of taking this, but the response I sometimes got was that it was a product for babies. There was no need sticking to trying to sell Tom Brown anymore, many children don't even take it.
I added  Tigernuts, Cloves, Finger Millet (tamba) afterwards to the mix removing groundnuts because it is filled with fats that may be bad for the heart if consumed excessively. I consulted on about which names would fit between Prime Porridge and Super Pap and later settled for the latter, rebranded a little and increased the container size and since then, I have sold close to a hundred of these buckets of good health. 
Super pap is packed with full grains that doctors recommend to people these days. They can protect and improve your vital organs thereby increasing your lifespan and slowing down your aging process at the same time boosting your immune system. 
Now this is food and not a supplement, it is designed to be enjoyable. You can give your self a good treat while staying healthy. 
From the world of ideas, I have been graced to tap into something that can help change lives. You can tap into that world too and produce your own product(s), but first, don't ignore the idea that is telling you to give this a try. It is only but #1500. 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Moringa's Miraculous Leaves

Introducing: Afreagle Ventures